From: Charlie Mcdowell (mcdowell_at_ucsc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2022 - 23:05:09 CDT

I've tried downloading several different recent versions for my computer
and I can't get them to run. It seems it may be confused about the
processor type but I've confirmed it is the right one.
I have a 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 on OS X 12.5.
I've tried
VMD 1.9.4a55 for MacOS X, 64-bit Intel x86 (x86_64) (Oct 19, 2021): MacOS X
Big Sur fixes w/ Tcl/Tk 8.6.11
and
MacOS X OpenGL (32-bit Intel x86) (Apple MacOS-X (10.4.7 to 10.13.x) with
hardware OpenGL (native bundle))

I've jumped through the hopes to get it to attempt to open via overriding
security for unknown developer but they both crash with some obscure
message.

Is my only option to try and build it from source?

Charlie