From: Grant Schauer (grantschauer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 18:03:12 CDT

"4 characters works for atom names from a VMD perspective, but the newer
charmm rules allow up to 8 characters."

Yes, I was going to mention that NAMD had no problem handling the same PSF.
Oh well, manually defining the number of ions is about the easiest
workaround I could ask for... thanks everyone!

Grant