From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 13:18:21 CDT

Hi,
  I did some testing today and I was able to get some
inexpensive Eye3D stereo glasses to work with a Mac G4
and the new hardware-accelerated Mac version of VMD.
Its nice to see VMD running in stereo on a Mac finally :-)
These Eye3D glasses will work with VMD without any
special drivers, so they are a good choice for people with
machines or video boards that lack system-level stereo support.
(be they PC, Mac, or whatever..)

The Eye3D glasses don't work with all Mac models, as I've tried
them on the Mac G3 I compile/build on and it didn't work
there (emitter box wasn't getting power from VGA/USB ports
or something). But for those individuals that want stereo
on a Mac G4, this is an inexpensive way to go. I can't
vouch for any other Macintosh models yet, but it worked on
our G4 here. I also hear that the ATI radeon cards can do
full quad buffered stereo in OpenGL, but we don't have any
of those here to test with presently, all of our Macs are
using the older wimpier cards.

Anyway, just FYI, I thought this would interest the Mac users.

  John