From: sjcav_at_aros.net
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 03:56:13 CDT

Dear VMD folks:

        I have a laptop that's also running Windows 95 and so I installed VMD on
it, but when I tried to run it it didn't have opengl32.dll or glu32.dll, so
I copied those files over from my desktop and then VMD would start. But I
had the same trouble on the laptop as I did on the desktop: colors weren't
shown properly and I got the same error message as given in the previous
e-mail. So then I suspected that the problem may reside in my copy of
these two files, but the timestamp was still several years ago rather than
today or yesterday. But I replaced these on my desktop with other versions
I downloaded from a site with an assortment of .dll files
(http://www.webattack.com/help/missingfiles.html) and then VMD wouldn't
run; it just had a window titled "Error Starting Program" and an OK button.
 I figured that the best replacements would be the most recent ones, but
the versions of opengl32.dll and glu32.dll that I replaced were older and
smaller than the replacements.
        So...if it is likely related to these files, could someone give me a
replacement or suggest a specific version of these files? And why the heck
are there so many versions of these files, varying quite a bit in size?
Microsoft's web site has 10 different versions, e.g.
(http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp?sd=GN).
But if it's something else and you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,
James