From: Keith Refson (Keith.Refson_at_earth.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 13:00:39 CDT

I'm just trying 1.5b on a Sparc Solaris 8 system, and have found one
annoying bug.

I am using POV to render some output files. The first time I do this,
everything works as expected. But the second time I try this in a
session, POV fails with the error message:

Parsing... <-0.7621, -0.9500, -0.0000>,
  <-0.5496, -0.9469, 0.0025>,
  0.0300
  open
  texture { VMD_mat_1 <----ERROR

mgo-4x3.o348.pov:22: error: No matching } in texture, undeclared identifier 'VMD_mat_1' found instead.

The extract from the POV file contains:

    16 // VMD: Starting axes output.
    17 cylinder {
    18 <-0.7621, -0.9500, -0.0000>,
    19 <-0.5496, -0.9469, 0.0025>,
    20 0.0300
    21 open
    22 texture { VMD_mat_1 }
    23 pigment { color rgbt <1.000,0.000,0.000,0.000> }
    24 }

It looks like something is not being substituted second time around.

The only cure I have found is to exit VMD and re-enter.

Keith Refson

--
Dr Keith Refson,        "Paradigm is a word too often used by those who would
Dept of Earth Sciences      like to have a new idea but cannot think of one."