From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 17:38:50 CST

Hi,
  How large are the sequences and structures you're working with that
are giving trouble with Multiseq? It's possible you've found a bug in
multiseq or that you've run into a particular interaction of Multiseq
and VMD. If you can tell us more about the structures and sequences
you're loading, that would be helpful. People in some of the labs here
at UIUC are working with very large structures (ribosome) in multiseq
without any trouble, so the more information you can provide us the
more likely we can figure out why you're having trouble. When you run
Multiseq on your data, how much memory does 'top' report that VMD is using?

Thanks,