From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 19:52:15 CST

Hi,
  The NetCDF plugin is built-into the VMD 1.8.5 distributions for
all platforms except Windows (which I'm still working on resolving).
You'll need to use the new versions of VMD as they are linked against the
NetCDF library, which is necessary for the plugin to work correctly.
(most other plugins don't have dependencies like this...)