From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 14:12:10 CDT

Hi,
  What PYTHONHOME do you have set when you're testing the unofficial build?
You should be leaving the python environment variables unset, otherwise
odd things will occur due to mixing the Apple-provided stuff with your own.
You'll also need to install Numeric (should be described in the README
file that comes with the unofficial Mac builds), if you didn't already.

When compiling your own binary, the linkage errors you're getting below are
because you need to uncomment some lines in the configure script in order to
have VMD use the Apple-provided (or your own) Tcl/Tk/Python, and FLTK
libraries, which are needed by VMD.

Let me know if you need more help on this.