From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 13:12:39 CDT

Hi Rima,
the reason you're getting the error (which isn't really anything to
worry about) is that the atom names at the terminus are different in the
pdb file from what they should be in the patch. The patch fixes this,
but autopsf aliases the naming so that no error occurs. Either approach
should work; the autopsf one is probably marginally better. But in any
case, this is why you're seeing a differences in the output. You should
get a valid psf/pdb combo either way.

As far as your namd problems go, you're running with a 2 fs timestep but
without rigidbonds, which is a bad idea because it means that your
hydrogens will be oscillating on a timescale similar to that of your
timestep. You should either change your timestep or turn on rigidbonds,
as noted in the config file. I would also recommend giving yourself a
tiny bit of extra space in the initial periodic cell, on the order of
perhaps an angstrom on a side. This will avoid any initial clashes
(remember that the atomic radius is not counted in the measure minmax
commands in vmd) and if there is excess space the pressure control will
quickly take care of it.
Peter