From: MW Van der Kamp, School of Chemistry (Marc.VanderKamp_at_bristol.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 09:50:23 CDT

Hi John,

I'm running version 1.8.3 on the moment.
But I gather from your reaction that CHARMM psf files can't be written yet.
I got my hopes up after finding the following post in the VMD-l archive:

***************
On Dec 3, 2003, at 10:05 PM, Mike McCallum wrote:

> I seem to remember asking this question before, but I can't seem to
> find any answer, so here goes:
>
> Using psfgen through vmd and tkcon is really a great thing, but what
> if you want to use the psf file in charmm? Charmm will *write* XPLOR
> format psf, but not read. Will psfgen generate charmm-type psf files?
> I'm almost sure that it can, but I can't find it in the docum

Yes:

writepsf charmm foo.psf

will write in charmm format. "writepsf x-plor foo.psf" will write in
x-plor format, as will "writepsf foo.psf".

Cheers,
Justin

Thanks for your reaction, and I hope writing charmm psf-files will be added
as a feature in a next version of VMD.. ;)

Marc