From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 04:12:02 CST

Dear Ivana,

The APBS plugin creates an interface to the APBS program itsself ... In
order to understand what actually are all the parameters that you need
to set in a APBS run via vmd, you should definetely consult the APBS
webpage (http://apbs.sourceforge.net/). My own advice is: if you really
are new to these type of calculations and want to understand them... try
first to set up a APBS calculation without the vmd plugin (use only
APBS)... This will make it easier for you to get the grip of all the
input and output of APBS ... After that you can use the ".dx" file
created by APBS to visualize it in VMD . (you probably noticed that VMD
has a dx plugin reader) ...

Then...for subsequent calculations you may start to use the vmd plugin
(after you become familiar with APBS) ...

As I said this is just my advice ....

If you need more specific help ... there is also an APBS maillist that
you may use .... or you may contact me directly .. and if I can help I
will ..

Best
vlad

--