From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 15:58:53 CST

Hi,
  Can you tell me precisely what version of AIX you have installed
on your system? I make the AIX5 builds of VMD locally on the
NCSA p690 (copper). As of December they had updated the machine's
compilers and libraries, so it's possible that your machine needs
updates in order to run the AIX5 binaries I compile at NCSA. I was able
to run the AIX5 binaries on another p690 at Purdue, so if you've got
a fully patched system, I'd expect it to run just fine.

If you're unable to bring your AIX machine up to the latest setup,
then the alternative would be for you to compile VMD from source
on your machine. Let me know if you want to do this and I can
help you get that going.