From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 14:35:16 CST

Hi,
  The existing implementation of the mol2 plugin (and others) only allows
you to load the first structure in the file and doesn't currently have
a means of loading subsequent structures from the same file. This is really
more an issue with the historical design of VMD than the mol2 plugin, but
the end result is that for now you'll either have to split the file at
each of the "@<TRIPOS>MOLECULE" records or live with the limitation,
at least until we have a chance to redesign parts of VMD's file loading
mechanisms to better handle files of this type.