From: Craig Maloney (cmaloney_at_kitp.ucsb.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 00:13:25 CDT

Hi all.

I can't seem to get the python interpreter working on my laptop. My
office machine (also 10.4) gives similar error messages (can't fine
Numeric, TkInter etc.) but in the end I am able to successfully do
stuff there (draw graphics primitives, load molecules, etc.). Here I
cannot even get a "dir(VMD)". Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks much.

Craig

-------------------------------
vmd > gopython
Info) Starting Python...
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Could not find Numeric Python version 22.0.
ImportError: No module named numeric_version
Info) Text interpreter now Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
   File "/Users/maloney/download/VMD 1.8.4a22.app/Contents/vmd/
scripts/python/Tkinter.py", line 59, in ?
     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be
configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter
>>> dir(VMD)
Traceback (most recent call last):