From: Leonardo Sepulveda Durán (leonardosepulveda_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 11:50:04 CDT

This is because you are trying to build a residue for which
1) there are not parameters
2) It is not defined as a residue

As I can see from your mail you try to load a protein with a HEM group.
Psfgen can only build a psf from residues defined in the topology file you
used. Charmm22 have defined every aminoacid, charmm27 also have definitions
for lipids. Every molecule you want to use have to be defined in that file.
As far as i know, There is not a HEM residue in CHArmm. That is why this
error is evoqued:

unknown residue type HEM

You may search into Charmm web site (www.charmm.org <http://www.charmm.org>)
because I remember someone defined a topology for HEM group some time ago. A
good start to get clarity on this issue is the tutorial in namd site about
how to parametrize a novel residue.

Leonardo

--
Leonardo Andres Sepúlveda Durán