From: Kim Taylor (K.Taylor_at_griffith.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 19:35:24 CDT

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get Crystal Eyes to work on VMD with Twin View configuration.
Please note that I am able to get the Stereographics Crystal Eyes to work
on VMD with one monitor (see monitor 1 below) and no TwinView configuration.

Below is my system configuration:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64
OS: Fedora Core 3 x86_64
Graphics card: nVidia Quadro FX 4000 256MB AGP
Stereographics equipment: Crystal Eyes 3 + stereo emitter E-2

Monitor 1: ViewSonic G810 21" CRT display
Monitor 2: SUN 21" CRT

nVidia Driver: version 1.0.7676

As soon as I try various configuration flags in the xorg.conf file to
support Twin View, stereo display via the 3pin DIN (stereo connector on the
graphics card) no longer works. Twin View works effectively but nothing in
stereo.
If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

I've ensured both monitors are running at the same mode.
If it helps here is the "Device" section of my xorg.conf

Section "Device"
         Identifier "Videocard0"
         Driver "nvidia"
         VendorName "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName "NVIDIA Quadro FX driver (generic)"
         Option "MetaModes" "1024x768"
         Option "RenderAccel" "true"
         Option "Overlay" "true"
         Option "Stereo" "3"
         Option "NvAGP" "1"
EndSection

For Twin View setup, I've added the following lines
         #Option "MetaModes" "1024x768, 1024x768"
         #Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT, CRT"
         #Option "TwinViewOrientation" "LeftOf"
         #Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30.0-90.0"
         #Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "50.0-160.0"

Each time I've modified my xorg.conf file, I've logged out and restarted
the XServer via Ctl+Alt+Backspace. Logged back in, started up VMD, loaded a
molecule, turned stereo on to see if the signal is active, then viewed the
molecule in motion via the Crystal Eyes eyewear if it was active.

Once again, I would appreciate any insight to solving my problem.

regards,
Kim Taylor