From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 11:50:07 CST

Hi,
  Perhaps this "k3b" utility runs some program that's also named "vmd"?
When you install VMD, you can alter the installation name so that it's
invoked as "vmd183" or something like that if you prefer. I've got no
personal experience with "k3b", but if renaming VMD solves your problem,
that sounds like the easiest solution.