From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 10:31:05 CST

Hi,
  We don't have an Altix, and at present I don't know anyone that's
got an Altix/Prism with actual graphics hardware, so I doubt we'll be
working on this in the short-term. Are you wanting to run VMD in text
mode on the Altix just for analysis purposes? It shouldn't be terribly
difficult to compile VMD on an Altix. It would be fairly similar to the
LINUXALPHA or LINUXAMD64 build configurations, but we haven't added the
necessary ifdefs for a LINUXIA64 build yet. If someone wants to work on
this I can provide guidance to help get it done.