From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 13:26:50 CST

Joe,
  Can you email me a gzipped copy of one of the PDB files that gives you
trouble on your mac? I suspect that what's going on is that your PDB files
contain carriage returns in addition to line feeds, and it may be confusing
VMD's PDB parser. If you send me one of the troublesome files, I will know
for sure. Be sure to gzip the file before you send it so that your mail
program doesn't alter the file...

  John