From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 15:40:21 CST

Patti,
  If you can write out your electrostatic potential values in one of
the supported volumetric map formats, you will be able to load them
into VMD, display 3-D textured volume slices, isosurfaces, and with
the pre-release versions of VMD 1.8.3 you can also texture arbitrary
molecular geometry by such data. The list of supported volumetric
grid file formats is posted here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/molfile/

If you haven't yet selected a file format, I'd recommend the
Data Explorerer "DX" format due to the ease with which one can write
to that format.