From: matt_at_clarkeconsulting.com
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 18:14:21 CST

Hi everyone,
We are running vmd v1.2b1 on an Indigo2 Impact R10k using IRIX6.2
When we execute vmd, the logo screen comes up, but when we
attempt to change the window to stereo mode (crystal eyes),
it splits into two separate screens instead of shifting into
a single stereo overlay screen.
This happens on all of our Indigo2 machines (3 R10K impacts) except
for one older one with an R4400 processor.
It also happens using the older v1.1 of vmd.
We are using the binary version of vmd labeled IRIX5 (but should
be compatible with IRIX6).
I couldn't find any information about this problem in the mailing list
archives or the
FAQ. The installation guide mentioned we might need to compile from
source for "newer" sgi machines, but I am not sure if this applies
to us or not (or to this particular problem).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt Clarke
mattc_at_rescomp.stanford.edu