From: Trollmann, Marius (marius.trollmann_at_fau.de)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2023 - 07:19:56 CST

Dear VMD-Community,

I would like to ask if there are any new updates/resources/tutorial to
connect a haptic device (e.g. 3DSystems Touch,
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.3dsystems.com/haptics-devices/touch__;!!DZ3fjg!7M0BqnWospxNlgk5UJzMMNlLc3oc--BhVh9G0HogQPyOFyh2LyUATVbJsdjhdEuzrCQxGdGaUX6tHz7N_VcuYGD3uls8$ ) to VMD for running an
interactive MD simulation. I already found some helpful resources but
most of them are 8 to 10 years old. As far as I understand is a VRPN
server needed to connect the device to VMD. However, I am not very
experienced in that area and I would be very grateful if somebody could
guide me a little bit how to setup such a server and prepare the
necessary files for VMD. Currently, I use a PC with a Windows10
installation together with VisualStudios 2022, and cmake v3.28.

All the Best,
Marius