From: Sinclair, Matt (mts7_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2023 - 13:03:28 CDT

Jeevan,

This is likely because the CHARMM force field does not have parameters for the ligand. You will need to obtain these parameters by using a tool such as CGENFF (via the ligand modeler on CHARMM-GUI or paramchem web server). Without parameters for your ligand NAMD will crash every time you try to run it, hence the parameter error you are receiving.

Best,
Matt Sinclair

Graduate Student, Tajkhorshid Lab
Theoretical & Computational Biophysics Group
NIH Center for Macromolecular Modeling & Visualization
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign