From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2023 - 09:57:28 CDT

In the first and third case you are missing the python runtime files that
match the VMD binary.
In the second case, VMD just executed your standard "python" binary (the
VMD/Tcl command prompt will try to execute commands as shell commands, if
there is no equivalent command within the interpreter) and while that is
running, VMD is suspended.

In the past, those python files were occasionally made available for
download, but I suspect that is no longer the case.
As far as I remember, these days you would have to compile VMD from source
to get a VMD binary that can use the python interface.

Axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!4SqhnyesgraKQheVUzbkwVgSKk0hc49vmpZT_y5LHpN0PtvdVj-kDDvFxdJKPg_G4VdsLhaDxGEthFCuTw$