From: Chris Neale (candrewn_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2022 - 21:25:56 CDT

Dear Jan:

This has been asked before and it appears that what you want is not
currently possible:
from 2015:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/26474.html
from 2022:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/33692.html

I also find that this lack of configurability complicates my use of VMD
(and probably increases my trips to the optometrist). The global OS
DPI/oversampling solution that Axel suggests in the second link is indeed
workable for VMD, but then every other program that you use will be
cartoonishly oversized. I recognize that this issue is not going to affect
the final quality of movies or images out of VMD, but I agree that it
strongly impacts useability and user comfort.

Thank you,
Chris.