From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2020 - 11:14:47 CST

Hello Amir, you can probably take inspiration from the many scripts in the
VMD website used to set up protein simulations. In those, selections of
overlapping atoms are used to instruct the psfgen program to delete the
corresponding atoms from the system being prepared.

You probably won't use psfgen for a LAMMPS data file, but you should be
able to pass a custom selection to the "topo" command to tell it to save a
data file that contains only non-overlapping atoms.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Research collaborator, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD