From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2019 - 13:33:30 CDT

Norman,
  Thanks for the details. With the retirement of ORNL's Titan system and
Blue Waters following sometime soon, there aren't a lot of K20 GPUs
still in the field (remember they first came out in the 2011/2012 time
frame). I know there has been discussion of how much longer NVIDIA have
been planning to officially support first-generation Kepler hardware
(compute capability 3.0, 3.5) in OptiX, and I don't know how much testing
is still being done on K20-era GPUs. We still have a couple of K20 test
boards floating around here somewhere, and I've got a currently running
K80 (compute capability 3.7) test machine. Let me compare what happens
on my systems here with what you experience and I'll report back.

Best,