From: Peter Mawanga (peter.mawanga.lagos_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2018 - 10:24:09 CDT

Hello Fotis

You have correctly identified that the issue was primarily with PME and
Martini force-field as such. Also, you have accurately pointed out all the
issues viz.

   1. Change L-J cutoff to 9-12.
   2. Turn "martiniswitching" on.
   3. Keep "PME" off.
   4. Enable "cosangles".
   5. Most importantly, set "dielectric" to 15.

If someone would like to implement this in future, I would strongly
recommend to use a modified version of "namdenergy.tcl" incorporating the
desired parameters and flags and source it via "TkConsole" and run your
"namdenergy" command.

Cheers
Peter