From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2018 - 10:40:00 CST

The order may not matter, but I'm pretty sure the sequence does. I don't
have the test case in front of me, but I recall changing the improper
definition and getting different energies for the same structure. This was
especially annoying with CGenFF because many of the old carboxylate force
fields use different atoms in the protonated and deprotonated states.
Defining correct alchemical topologies became a bit of a chore.

HTH,
Brian