From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2017 - 13:41:52 CDT

Hi,
  I followed up with Xiaohu on the VRPN mailing list, this is most
likely a VRPN version incompatibility issue. Compatibility generally
requires both the VRPN server and VMD client to be compiled with
the same VRPN version. I'll see if I can produce a test build of
VMD compiled against VRPN 7.33 soon.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/