From: EPF (Esben Peter Friis) (epf_at_novozymes.com)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 15:31:55 CDT

Hi Ilja and VMD'ers :-)

(Typo? You refer to .crd files as trajectories - Charmm trajectories are normally called .dcd . It may be possible to store the trajectory as a .crd file, but they are text files, and should have no problems when transferred between architectures.)

I have no experience with Itanium or Itanium2, but CHARMM (or NAMD)trajectories (.dcd) created on a SGI Octane (64bit MIPS R10000) can be read directly by VMD on a 32bit machine. I would expect that only the endianism (byte order) is different in the files.

Cheers,

Esben