From: Fernando Vallejos-Burgos (nandobike_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2016 - 18:45:27 CST

Dear all,

It seems it is a recurrent question, but all the answers I found are from few years ago and didn't work for me:

We recently acquired a 3Dconnexion Spacenavigator to use in VMD, but it doesn’t work.
I found in the VMD website (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/minitutorials/spaceball/ <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/minitutorials/spaceball/>) that these "devices are automatically detected and supported on all of the VMD platforms”.

However, my VMD do nothing, I was trying inside the Display window, and tried all mouse modes.
Also, nothing appears in the console when I move or when I push buttons.
I tested both in VMD 1.9.2 and 1.9.3beta.

I’m running OSX 10.12.1 Sierra and the latest versions of both SpaceNavigator (4.36) and 3DxWare (10.4.2).

BTW, I tested another application (Blender) and it recognized the hardware immediately.

Is there any solution or can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong (perhaps some environment setting?)?

Thanks a lot!

NANDO---