From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 12:46:46 CST

Kurt,
  Yeah, to write a plugin for VMD, you'll want to grab the latest
plugin source code from CVS, and have a look at the 'xyz' plugin or
one of the other simple ones to start with. From there, you can take
one of them and modify it to read your coarse-grain models directly, and
then you can make VMD load your plugin and try it out. Here's the general
documentation on building plugins:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/

Let me know if you need help getting setup to build plugins etc.