From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2014 - 05:49:09 CST

I guess no easy one. Have a look at:

 <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/molfile/dxplugin.html> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/molfile/dxplugin.html

Where there is written:

Unit Cell
All files are assumed to have an orthogonal unit cell.

And I assume that your data is treated as 3D scalar grid data. This also means that using the points representation can actually not work, too, but might be less obvious. I think you could emulate a orthorhombic box which can hold your non orthorhombic one and convert your data.

Or can you supply a picture of what you currently get when you try to show the isosurface?

Norman Geist.