From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 23:58:26 CST

Ioana,
  Unfortunately, most of the video codecs that work with the
vmdmovie plugin only support one or two frame rates. This means
that in order to achieve the playback rate you desire, you'll need
to replicate frames in your trajectory such that each frame is copied
N times, where N is the integer factor "slower" that you want your
movie to play. MPEG only has three common frame rates, 24fps, 25fps,
and 30fps (and the drop-frame equivalents), and the 'ppmtompeg' encoder
used by the vmdmovie plugin only does one frame rate in the older versions,
so thus far there hasn't been much latitude in allowing other frame rates.
I do plan to work on improving the vmdmovie plugin so that some of these
things can be done automatically, but at the present moment, the easiest
way for you to get the desired frame rate will be to replicate your frames.
Let me know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,