From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 16:50:53 CST

Lars,
  I hacked the VMD source quickly to force all redraws to reset the
active OpenGL context. This may (or may not) affect the behavior you've
seen in your tests of the VTK module inside of VMD. Have a shot with the
binary I've posted here, no guarantees, but it might behave differently:
  ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/vtktest/

Give that a try and let me know what happens. You can drop that binary
in place of the one that comes in the Linux beta test version here:
  ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/

Thanks,