From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 14:18:12 CST

Rudesh,
  This is easy to accomplish by writing a short Tcl script to calculate
the distances of the two sets of atoms via atom selections. You can query
the xyz positions of the atoms with '$sel get x y z' for example. There
are a few scripts you can look at in the script library that do various
forms of this sort of thing:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/

Look at this one to see the atom selection code of interest:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/ca-dist-v2.0/

Thanks,