From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 02:32:50 CDT

Cesar,
  Interesting, I had forgotten that Chromium still didn't do anything
with the X mouse cursors etc. An alternative to using the mouse, which would
still be less expensive than a full-up haptic device would be to use something
like a Spaceball or a Magellan, via VRPN. Let me know if you've got one
in your lab and I can give you further suggestions along those lines.
Otherwise, I'm not sure that I have any great ideas in the short-term,
as I'm already swamped debugging various small items before release of
VMD 1.8.2. Let me know if you've got a Spaceball or a Magellan around..

  John