From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 11:25:57 CDT

Dear Tobias,
  Yes, its possible, however at present its far from convenient
as the startup sequence for MacOS X is much more complicated than
on Windows or Unix. If you just want to load scripts from the
recent VMD tutorials, you can do this with "source script.vmd",
instead of the normal "vmd -e script.vmd -dispdev text".

If, on the other hand, you need to run some batch mode Tcl script
for a few hours, then yeah, its possible to run VMD in text mode on
MacOS X. I'll have to send you a script for this purpose however, so that
your VMD starts up correctly and finds its dynamic link libraries.
If you need this, let me know and I'll put something together later
today and post it on the web for people to download.

Thanks,