From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 08:49:53 CDT

I forgot the mailing ist. sorry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: vmd-l: (my) problems using molefacture dihedral
To: Peter Freddolino <petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu>

Hi Peter:
Thanks for this prompt help, weekend notwithstanding. Yes, my mistake
was to select four atoms, as for a dihedral, without reading
accurately the molefacture description. This morning the vmd web site
can't be reached from here but I am sure that the description leaves
no doubts about selecting two atoms only.

At any event, it works fine now. I had to select several residues
around HSD in order that just the imidazole moiety rotates. Saved pdb
and replaced those residues in the original pdb for the ensemble in a
solvated and neutralized box. Previous topology works fine together
with the new pdb and a minimization at 310 K had no problems.

thanks again
francesco