From: Eduard Schreiner (eschrein_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 23:39:58 CST

OK, it seems that tachyon does work, at least to generate TGA files.
That means that Axel is right and your tachyon does not support PNG.
You can test that by running ./tachyon only. In case your tachyon version
does not support PNG you will have a line like
 will be a line like:
-format PNG XXX Not compiled into this binary XXX
in the output (pretty much at the end where the output options are explained).

In that case, you either compile your own tachyon with PNG support, or
you render
TGA files and convert them to PNG.

eddi

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Truc Kim <curtmik_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your reply.
> Actually, I have 71 .dat files in the same directory containing Tachyon. The
> command form I used ('./tachyon -format PNG frame01.dat -o frame02.png >
> frame01.out') is just an example to showed you what I have tried. The one I
> executed is 'tachyon monomer.0000.dat -o monomer.0071.tga >
> monomer.0000.out', (monomer.0000.dat is output of Movie Maker) but I did not
> obtained anything besides monomer.0071.tga.
> Do I misunderstand the example? Since there is no instruction about this
> case in Tachyon manual, please let me know how to deal with it if there are
> 71 files need to be rendered.
> Thank you.

Eduard Schreiner
Phone: 217-244-4361