From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 15:04:26 CDT

Hi,
  If only one of your molecules is rotating when the movie is made,
you may have toggled that molecule to be "fixed" (see the color of the
letter "F" in the molecule browser in the main VMD window to verify).
To colocate both molecules at the same distance to the viewer, I think
the easiest thing would be for you to use the translation commands
to put their centers of mass at the same position. I would strongly
recommend that you work through the VMD tutorials before you try making
sophisticated movies that require aligning multiple molecules in the
field of view, etc:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/docs.html#tutorials
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/vmd-ref/imgmv/tutorial-html/index.html
Cheers,