From: Fatemesadat Emami (fe2_at_zips.uakron.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2010 - 14:37:23 CDT

Dear vmd users,
I want to load some peptides into vmd in a way that each amino acid has its
own color. To do that I added "mol default color resname" to .vmd.rc file.
Now how can I define the colors for each amino acid (e.g. I want lys to be
red, arg to be tan etc, or res1 to be red, res2 to be tan and ...). I mean I
want to change the color sequence asign to amino acids in the molecule.

acually I could do that (e.g. for LYS) by"
 mol color colorID 5
 mol selection {resname ARG}
 mol addrep top
 mol color colorID 1
 mol selection {resname LYS}
 mol addrep top
 mol color colorID 3
 mol selection {resname LEU}
 mol addrep top
 mol color colorID 11
 mol selection {resname PRO}
 mol addrep top
and ...

BUT when I render the image by Tachyon, it shows the default colors!!! as if
I haven't done anythig.

I wonder if somebody can help me on that.
Thank you very much
Fatima

--
Yours Sincerely,