From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 12:57:59 CDT

Hi,
  You must ensure that both of your atom selections have exactly
the same atom count. If you select more atoms from one than from
the other, then the "measure rmsd" command will return an error.
If that isn't the source of your problem, then you'll have to be much
more specific about what error VMD is giving you so we can help you.

Cheers,