From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2010 - 09:55:03 CDT

Hi,
  You're almost gauranteeably running out of memory. Since the existing
builds of VMD are 32-bit, Windows won't let it use more than 2GB of
memory (regardless how much your machine has in it). My suggestion is to
use the "stride" parameter in the file loading dialog to load every other
frame, or something similar. If you are trying to do analysis and not
visualization, then you may find the "bigdcd" script provided in
the VMD script library helpful for your purposes.

Cheers,