From: Rocchia Walter (walter.rocchia_at_iit.it)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2010 - 16:31:03 CDT

Dear all,

I'm using VMD 1.8.7 for windows (XP Pro SP3), and I wanted to use some
of the basic keyboard combinations.

Then I realized that not all the default hotkeys are set, for example
the ones allowing scaling (Ctrl-a and Ctrl-z)

Then I tried setting them by myself:

User add key a scale by 0.9

Resulting in the following message when I press 'a' when the mouse is
on the main VMD display:

ERROR) scale usage:

I tried digitizing 'scale by 0.9' in the console successfully.

I also realized that I cannot assign the rotate function:

vmd > user add key s rotate z by -10

vmd > ERROR) rotate usage:

ERROR) rotate stop -- stop current rotation

ERROR) rotate [x | y | z] by <angle> -- rotate in one step

ERROR) rotate [x | y | z] by <angle> <increment> -- smooth transition

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Walter

Walter Rocchia, PhD