From: Vitaly Vostrikov (vvostri_at_uark.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 20:18:01 CST

Hello,

First of all, I am not sure if this is the correct mailing list to ask a question about VMD-Xplor. I apologize if I am wrong.

The problem is that the keyboard input is not accepted in the VMD-Xplor menus: the only thing i can do is highlight the values with a mouse. For instance, when I try to load the NOEs, the "NOE constraint filename" field does not allow editing the default "*noe*.tbl" value. I can get around this by typing from VMD console "set noeWid_noeFilename protG_NOE.tbl", but it would have been easier to use the graphical interface.

It looks like the problem is with some of the dependencies. I don't have this issue with the original VMD (1.8.7). I use pre-compiled VMD-Xplor 1.5 on Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5.

Thank you.