From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 14:06:51 CST

Hi,
  If what you want is to make a movie with a static structure
(i.e. molecule containing only one trajectory frame) side-by-side
with an animating trajectory, the easiest way to do this is to load
them into two separate molecules. Before you go to make the movie,
you will need to verify that the molecule containing the trajectory
data is set as the "top" molecule. To position the molecules next to
each other (rather than on top of each other) you can toggle the
one of them "fixed" (double click the "F" in the molecule browser
of the main VMD window), and then move the other molecule to the side,
followed by toggling the "F" on the first one to un-fix it again.
>From there, you should be able to open the movie maker plugin,
set the movie type to trajectory, and render your movie.

Cheers,