From: Mengjuei Hsieh (mjhsieh_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 10 2009 - 18:23:52 CDT

Hi,

I'm not sure if this issue had been addressed or not, but VMD 1.8.7
CUDA seems to be unable to identify my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M) of
my Macbook Pro. Before this I already have CUDA Driver (2.3.1a)
installed so I am wondering that perhaps the runtime libraries are not
happy with my system.

Since I already installed CUDA Toolkit (2.3a) as well, I did a small
test by removing libcuda.dylib libcudart.dylib libtlshook.dylib from
the vmd directory and making symbolic links of these files from
/usr/local/cuda/lib (the default install path of the CUDA Toolkit).
And now this VMD 1.8.7 recognizes my geforce 9400M!

Bests,

--
Mengjuei