From: jen hsin (jhsin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 15:02:15 CDT

Hi Steve,

Are you using the mouse modes to move your proteins? If you use the
"Translation/Rotation/Scale" modes, you only move the camera view of
the protein and not its atomic coordinates, so once you reset the view
everything goes back to the same view. To actually change the
position of your protein, one uses the "Move" mode of the mouse (Main
Window -> Mouse -> Move -> 8 Molecule), or the "move/moveby" commands
in TkConsole.

Cheers,
Jen